Friday, November 18, 2011

keeping up

It feels like there is a lot lined up these days. To do. To finish. To wash. To get ready.
The other day I made a pile... several that is... on the sofa. A bunch of stuff in plain view so I could prioritize.


It is not working, the purple yarn is too thin for what I had in mind, I still don't know what to do with the christmas colored hand dyed pretty thick-thin yarn.
I have not started working on a new vest for my daughter now that she outgrew the last one, that grandma made for her a few years back, the pink thing with the fluffy edge, sitting there to be measured. I have not picked up the huge fluffy green vest, that I put down a year ago after finishing one arm opening - no clue why!
That's okay.
Other stuff has been taken care of. A solid wooden shelf - thrifted - moved into the studio and now holds all my woolens for rug hooking, I am delighted, because this is so much more practical, real inspiring plus it sure looks pretty!


I put all the cotton cone yarns on top of it and it's as if they were made to be right there!


The lion. Cool, huh?! Fell in love with him years ago in a thrift store, the colors are absolutely amazing.

Since the hooked rug, that my friend Amy and I are creating together, has arrived in Virginia I can finally show you what I added to beauty.


Love - no doubt about it!
Did some experimenting with ripped and hand cut not-woolen fabrics, some novelty yarns and mohair locks, which was really fun. Amy's turn now to get creative and add on!



The beautiful batts have been moved to the living room as well.


The first batch is done.


The subtle variations in the color will make this loads of fun to spin. There are still several batts left to spin up, before I need to come up with a perfect project.


Wishing you a very happy and equally creative and successful weekend - whatever you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment