Wednesday, December 28, 2011

counting...kinda

My friend Cathy recently told me about a challenge that her sewing guild put out: to finish or repurpose your ufos (unfinished objects/projects) in 2012.
I really like the idea.
Since then I am walking through the house with a different perspective. I open closets and don't just get something, but I see ufos. Everywhere. The more I look the more I see and I am not even searching!

Closet in the hall...six on 2 of eight shelves.




So I am on it and I have started to pull them out. I am making decisions.
Some of them I don't remember why I never finished them, some I don't remember why I started them in the first place.

Take this Boteh scarf.

A clever and beautiful crochet pattern. I adore the yarn, my colors, super soft angora. Nice, right? But now that I turned on my honest inner ufo scanner... I'd never wear the darn thing!




One foot worth of Boteh undone, back into two balls of gorgeous angora yarn.

Since I did this, I have been onto two more projects, both of them almost finished by now.
Pictures and stories will come.
A great start into the coming year! It feels good, it feels sooo good!


1 comment:

  1. Hola Dag,
    heißt das, dass du jetzt durchs Haus läufst und alle Ufos zählst und eine Liste machst? Vielleicht verstehe ich nicht alles!!!
    Bussi

    ReplyDelete