Tuesday, January 10, 2012

happy day

I have been plotting.
My mom's 70th birthday is coming up and I will surprise her!
I'll fly over to Germany for a week to celebrate with her and I am very grateful that my family agreed to work things out without me here at home!

A special birthday requires special gifts and since she does not use the internet I can show you what I created. I was real lucky since both my kids agreed to model!

Even though she hardly ever wears hats, she will love this one, knitted from my favorite super soft alpaca yarn (Baby Alpaca Grande Paint, Plymouth Yarn).

Goofball.


Of course my mother needs a pair of fingerless gloves, after all I am the queen of fingerless gloves! I cannot count how many pairs I have made!


Please note the neat zigzag edge at the wrist - special touch just for hers.


One last shot before I closed the gift box, this shows the color of the hat much better.


Still in progress (but almost done) is my very first Clapotis scarf. It should count as finishing a UFO, because I have wanted to make one of these for years!
I slightly altered the pattern, it is not quite as wide as the original, but it will be long enough to go twice around the neck and still be tied in the front.


The yarn is creme de la creme - Manos del Uruguay, hand dyed extrafine merino silk blend. Fantastic to work with and gorgeous color way that will suit my mom perfectly!


But pssst, let's keep this a secret for now until Saturday, okay?!

1 comment:

  1. Uh, wie Toll. Flauschig und die Enden an den Handschuhen, das musst du mir zeigen. Sieht super aus. Da hat sich die Gerda bestimmt gefreut!!!!Und erst über deinen Besuch.

    Bussi Doris

    ReplyDelete