Wednesday, February 5, 2014

new and old

While I may be whining about being done with the cold and ready for spring this sudden surprising relapse into winter finds me happy and excited. 
Our beautiful New Mexican desert is transformed into a winter wonderland! The clouds were chasing over the mountain, everything looked so fresh and bright and somehow full of promise! I guess you can call me a desert rat now  - after seven years in New Mexico! Moisture - be it snow or rain - promises growth and  flowers in the spring - soon!!




When I'm at home I rush through chores just to get them done quickly. Then I can allow myself to get back to knitting on my sweater. 
The body is done, pieces assembled and I managed a perfect neck binding. The first sleeve is halfway done, I'm getting there!


While I was rummaging through some drawers the other day, I found this small hooked piece, a zippered pouch, which I had finished some time last fall.





I am so pleased with how it turned out, but I must confess, the hand stitching annoyed the heck out of me.
The hooking part was really fun - a managable size and just letting go with various materials and enjoying the play with colors.



 I had dyed the red and purplish grey for the backgrounds and the rest is a mix of strips, yarns and various fabrics, whatever I found that worked together! 
If you have never worked with other materials in your rugs - I can highly recommend it!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to the fireplace! Be well, friends!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute. I agree with you, I love the hooking part but hate the finishing/sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little pouch is adorable!! Awesome colors. Your snow pictures are just. plain. amazing. Hope you are keeping warm. 10 degrees here is PA today : ))

    ReplyDelete