Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The twisted arm

I could have titled this post just as well "when boredom leads to creativity" or something in that sense. To make a long story short, I had a very bored child, who bugged me to make doll clothes.
A long refusal on my side finally led to surrender, because... well, I love making doll clothes and I was in the right mood!
The decision to do it right made me come up with a dress pattern for the Corolle doll Lilly.




A pretty dress does NOT get velcro losures, but little vintage snaps.


Turned out he pattern fits!


The girlie ended up making a little matching tote bag and ribbons for the hair.
A good day!

3 comments:

  1. It gives me such a smile to see someone making doll clothes. You did such a nice job with that sweet little dress! Also, the addition of rickrack is darling. I'm kind of into rickrack right now. I loved making clothes for my dolls when I was a girl, and I still have my tiny Singer sewing machine. Thanks for checking in, and enjoy your day!
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute little dress! Remember those little dresses I was making for Kellie's Sylvanian Family dolls? lol. They were fun to make (and easy) once I figured out the Japanese!lol Your post makes me want to make her a few more dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, so süß das Kleidchen.
    Liebe Grüße Doris

    ReplyDelete