A little while after I was done with my dyeing yesterday I found some forgotten strips, that I should have thrown in with everything. In the end this turned out to be a good thing because it gave me the chance to really compare the old to the new strips.
When I looked at the mellowed out wool pieces on the drying rack I was initially disappointed because besides evening out the shades I had also tried to go altogether lighter and I thought it did not happen.
But once I compared them side by side - above two strips are the new blues (one of them originally a houndstooth) - I found a real distinct difference!
I am very happy with the result!
Won't have a chance to pull some loops until tonight, it will be exciting to see!