Saturday, February 2, 2013

Flashback Saturday

All of us bloggers take plenty of pictures, even more since photos went digital. I have lost pictures with computer crashes, but just recently I have found pictures and I want to share them for more reasons than just because the are so darn cute! 
I discovered them on my online photo site Shutterfly and at some point Shutterly must have changed rules for users, because - what used to be not possible - I could get them back from the site to my computer.
Here are some of my favorites.
Lewis at the time was into nature, specifically bugs and had watched this little guy transform from caterpillar to butterfly! 


 I really enjoyed looking at the "old" hand knits, too.
My mom made this cardigan and it was a favorite for a long time.


The earflap hat grew with Fiona, lol, I believe she wore it for 4 winters - would you believe it?!
She did have a sweater that matched the scarf - all hand spun - unfortunately no picture of that.


I loved this sweater - made from space dyed hand spun merino wool, I still remember how soft it was! I believe it was one of my own early dye attempts!


Same sweater here..


Makes me realize that our lives are not just measured in years that pass oh-so fast, but also in what we create and what we are passionate about, may it be butterflies, tricycles, spinning, knitting and oh yes, definitely pictures as well!
Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh ~ such great pictures! Lovely post, loved your final thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. Life is definitely not measured in years; there is so much more to measure it by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dag,
    What precious photos! Glad you were able to retrieve them! I agree with those who've commented and your words written so well..
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always fun to look back. Luckily you were able to retrieve those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute kiddos so glad you were able to get the pics back. I love looking back over photos! Lots of memories :)

    ReplyDelete