Monday, January 20, 2014

On Knitting and such

Time flies when you're having fun, gulp. I will try to ignore the date on the last post and pretend I've kept you up with the happenings in the sheep's studio. Shall we?!

Now that this is settled I want to wish you all a Happy New Year! Yes, that is still okay, after all it's not February. Yet. Maybe I'll look back just a tiny bit into the past year, too.

2013 held a lot of knitting. I had a love-hate relationship with this cardigan, such fine yarn, so soft, such a perfect color for me, but sooo many stitches that tested my patience. I just finished it, sigh.


I made stuff for friends, f.ex. this alpaca cowl that went to my dear friend Ulrike in Virginia.


As usual I bought too much yarn. 
I got this lovely cotton ribbon yarn in a tiny store in the town where I was born in Germany. I loved working with it so much and the gradual color changes look so pretty, that I bought another color way: pink-orange! I'll keep you posted.


Then there was Christmas knitting and I made two of these hats for my nieces in Germany.



I have sewed pencil pouches. Lots of them. Sixty maybe or even more. Seriously! 
They are real popular in my daughter's grade and she has sold quite a bunch right out of her backpack!


One of my personal highlights was the first time ever participation in a Fiber Festival! In November I went to Silver City, NM with two friends, where we sold as ZiaWoolz! Lots of dyed wools, yarns, knitted garments and materials for rug hookers and we had a blast!


We as a family ended the year with a family trip and took my mom who was visiting. 
Death Valley, ghost towns and New Year's in Las Vegas with lots of yummy food, it was great!








 Now Oma is back in Germany, we are back to school and normal life. 
A year with many unknown adventures lies ahead of us. 
I am looking forward to more knitting, spinning, rug hooking, dyeing, traveling and never boring family times!  And I can't wait to find out about your adventures, too!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    Beautiful projects on the needles. Since I am lacking in the adventure department, I look forward to watching yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great catch up post! Love seeing what you are up to here and on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heeeyyy!! glad u stopped by here!! i'll put u in my blog list!!!!

      Delete