Thursday, February 3, 2011

wool

It is really cold in Albuquerque right now.

Schools are out and we've gotten quite a bit of snow - this happening just about a week after my son declared that this has been a lame/mild winter!
Not so, not at all!



As a knitter and a spinner I find it only logical to pull out the woolens in this kind of weather, however my kids don't - with one exception: When it comes to playing in the snow, let me tell you that they are my biggest wool advocats.


They will tell you that any woolen mitten will keep you warmer than the store bought ones.



Even when it does not look that way.

They can be loaded with snow on the outside, and yet they are warm and dry on the inside.

In this case she had doubled up with Lewis' mittens.

"Omg - my hands are still warm!"

Silly girl! I love photoshoots with her!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, so viel Schnee- wie klasse. Da sind die wollenen Handschuhe von dir schööööö warm.
    Hug Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dag!
    OH it seems so funny to see snow in Abq! Good thing you are the knitter and spinner and know the warm factor with wool! The kids must be having a blast! Your pictures bring back memories of being a kid with those snow packed mittens..... and doubling up! Great photos and great memories being captured!
    Stay warm!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love how the snow is all clumpy. Maybe I need some wool mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a nut! I didn't think you got snow in NM. I wish we had more snow and less ice here during the winter. We get a lot of ice. You can't do much with ice except fall on the ground and hurt your tush or you can wreck your car. That's about it - not fun.

    ReplyDelete