Monday, October 24, 2011

Could Would and If

Sometimes I manage to be real good at disciplining myself.

I am packing up for the farmer's and artisan market at the Albuquerque Academy tomorrow. I'll be there with my little table with fingerless gloves, eyeglass cases and this and that. Last one for this year, too, boohoo.




I have been running and every time I am up there on the trails I think that I live in the most beautiful place on earth.





I have finally decided on the border of this little hooked mat, attached a binding of wool fabric by hand stitching and it is being blocked right now.




Well...I hate to admit it, but this is a gift for a friend who's birthday was in March. Embarrassing. More pictures from the right side to come.

I grind my teeth and do the laundry.
Gosh did I really find 10 single socks in one load? They are all hers.



She kinda makes up for it with stuff likes this:




BUT.
What I reeeeaaaally want to get to is this.



I still can hardly believe that my dear friend Amy, who lives way too far away in Virginia, decided to get this going for us! We will work on two rugs, which we will mail back and forth between the two of us, and that is how the rugs will grow. In the end we will both have a mat to keep.



Isn't this just gorgeous? I so cannot wait to slow the pace and to finally get started.



I am so excited about this project, thank you, my friend!

And to all of my friends who stop by here, I hope your lives are full of accomplishments and beautiful things that lie ahead of you, too!

2 comments:

  1. She's right! Her Mommy rocks!! Love those hooked pieces and that is such a great idea to send the rug back and forth! I LOVE it!!
    Your wool colors rock too!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete